Use the following tools and information to create your family or business emergency plan –
Emergency Plan – Steps to Creating Your Plan
Your Family Emergency Plan should include the following items:
- Meeting Location and Out of Town Contact
- Evacuation Route
- Local Emergency Management Contacts
- Recommended Drinking Water for family members
- Disaster Supply Kit List
When creating a Business Emergency Plan, you should consider:
- Alternate locations for business relocation in the event of building damage.
- Important business contacts including utilities, suppliers, and employees.
- Back-up suppliers for key materials and services your business depends on.
- Important records and documents your business needs to operate.
- Emergency contacts for your community and disaster resources for your business.
Disaster Supply Kit Checklist
- Water - at least 1 gallon daily per person for 3 to 7 days
- Food - at least enough for 3 to 7 days
- non-perishable packaged or canned food / juices
- foods for infants or the elderly
- snack foods
- non-electric can opener
- cooking tools / fuel
- paper plates / plastic utensils
- Blankets / Pillows, etc.
- Clothing - seasonal / rain gear/ sturdy shoes
- First Aid Kit / Medicines / Prescription Drugs
- Special Items - for babies and the elderly
- Toiletries - hygiene items
- Moisture wipes
- Flashlight / Batteries
- Radio - Battery operated and NOAA weather radio
- Cash - Banks and ATMs may not be open or available for extended periods.
- Toys, Books and Games
- Important documents - in a waterproof container
- insurance, medical records, bank account numbers, Social Security card, etc.
- document all valuables with videotape if possible
- Tools - keep a set with you during the storm
- Vehicle fuel tanks filled
- Pet care items
- proper identification / immunization records
- ample supply of food and water
- a carrier or cage
- muzzle and leash
Additional helpful links to explore:
- WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF A HURRICANE THREATENS YOUR COMMUNITY? (PDF)
- EVACUATION ZONES AND MAPPING
- HAVE A PLACE TO GO
- PET PLAN
For further information, please contact us.
September 5, 2013 10:26