The Individual Assistance process may be insufficient or difficult to navigate for some survivors in the aftermath of a disaster. The State Unmet Needs Program assists individuals and families who may need additional information on the progress of their assistance application or who may have needs outside the scope of standard assistance grants.
Links, Forms and Useful Information
- Disaster Assistance.gov Apply for assistance online, check application status, learn about disaster assistance from 15 federal agencies at one site.
- FEMA’s Disaster Assistance for Individuals FEMA’s website describing the Individuals and Households Program.
- FEMA’s Applicant’s Guide to Individual Assistance
- FEMA’s Disaster Assistance Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Volunteer Florida Learn how you can donate or volunteer during disasters.
For further information or questions, please contact the Unmet Needs Coordinator.
November 19, 2012 10:41